I’m posting this entry from a hotel room in Seattle after spending the day hunting for an apartment.
- What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Accepted a job in another state!
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make a New Year’s resolution for 2011, although I did achieve the goal of finding a job that would take me out of Austin.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
- What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A sense of home based on where I am instead of where I’m not.
- What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The week of Dec. 4 looms larger over the rest of the year. It’s when I flew to Seattle for a job interview and landed it.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
At this point, it should be pretty obvious.
- What was your biggest failure?
I didn’t reach my quota of billable hours in Q2, thus no bonus.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Caught the flu in October.
- What was the best thing you bought?
Guitar Rig 4.
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Republican Party.
- Where did most of your money go?
Still to my home studio, The Closet
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Knowing that I’m moving to Seattle, but also finishing enough remixes to consider proper album releases.
- What song will always remind you of 2011?
Probably something off of Kuriyama Chiaki’s CIRCUS or SuiseiNoboAz’s THE (OVERUSED) END OF THE WORLD and I MISS YOU MUH-FUH.
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder
b. thinner or fatter
c. richer or poorer?
a. Happier, although mostly in December b. Unchanged c. Positive net worth, but that should change fast
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Living in Austin
- How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Packing and cleaning
- Did you fall in love in 2011?
Only with the photos of hot guys on Grindr.
- How many one-night stands?
- What was your favorite TV program?
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- What was the best book you read?
I haven’t finished it, but it’s turning out to be 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, although I liked Kafka on the Shore far more than I expected to.
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
New Amsterdam Records
- What did you want and get?
A new job
- What did you want and not get?
My favorites on Grindr.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
I might go with The Descendants.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 39, and I told no one in my office.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A one-night stand with one of my favorites on Grindr.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
You assume I have any sense of fashion.
- What kept you sane?
You assume I’m sane.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Post coming-out Sean Maher.
- What political issue stirred you the most?
- Who did you miss?
- Who was the best new person you met?
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Don’t know about life lessons, but I sure did get to flex my atrophied JAVA skills this year.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Hold your head up, movin’ on/Keep your head up, movin’ on — Eurythmics, "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)"